Donations are accepted during regular Shop business hours. We have very limited limited Shop space, if you are donating a large item, please call ahead of time. All accepted donations are tax-deductible and we are happy to provide a tax receipt. Volunteers are always available to assist.
1. You can donate three 13-gallon trash bags.
2. Prefer clothing be brought in on hangers or folded in a 13-gallon trash bag.
3. All other items must be placed in a 13-gallon (or smaller) trash bag.
Please visit our website again for updates or check us out on Facebook.
Nearly New Thrift Shop
Consignments are only accepted during "Consignment Hours." Consignors are paid 50% of the amount received for the sale of consigned items, and the remaining 50% goes to The Nearly New Thrift Shop to benefit all of the charitable endeavors of the Shop in the community. "Nearly New" defines the condition of items we accept for consignment. Please read the general list of items WE DO NOT TAKE, Your Shop contract will provide specifics or call the Shop during business hours.
Sorry, we are TEMPORARILY closed as of August 20, 2021
After careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close once again due to the surge in Covid cases. We have been vigilant about monitoring the numbers and had hoped that with all of the precautionary protocols that we had instituted to keep customers and volunteer staff safe, it would allow us to stay open. But the reality is with the significant rise in numbers this is not going to be possible.
Please check back with our website or Facebook for new information about our re-opening.
We will miss you. Once we are on the other side, we will be back open. Stay safe.
The Nearly New Thrift Shop opened almost 50 years ago through the hard work and dedication of a group of women of St. Thomas Episcopal Church in Nassau Bay, Texas. Their mission was to raise funds for deserving charities.
Today, we continue that mission with a faithful 100% volunteer staff and our loyal, generous donors and consignors. The Shop's charitable support has included: St. Vincent's House, The Bridge, Habitat for Humanity, Brigid's Hope, schools throughout the local and Houston community, hurricane relief, Meals on Wheels, partners in the community, and many others in need.
Clothing & Shoes
1. Check our website, Shop posting or Shop contract for when seasonal clothing will be accepted.
2. Clothing must be in style, in season, clean and pressed.
3. You may bring one pair of shoes, 1 purse, 1 belt, and/or 1 hat per consignment as part of your ten.
1. Household items include china, pottery, kitchen items, metal goods, glassware, silver, decorative items, collectibles, home decor, and garden items - must be clean
2. One lamp, or matching pair, one chandelier and one wired mirror per consignment
1. We sell costume and fine jewelry including gemstones, gold, and sterling
1. Wall art must be wired for hanging.
2. Size limit 36” x 36”.
3. Oversized items are accepted by appointment only on a space-available basis. Call the Shop with dimensions before bringing in items.
Furniture & Rugs
1. By appointment only.
1. Total of 10 items can be consigned on any one day we accept consignments - Tuesday or Friday.
2. All clothing must be brought into Shop on hangers. Please transfer clothing from your hanger to a Shop hanger.
3. We would appreciate your taking your hangers with you.
4. Any other consignment items should be placed in one of the Shop white clothes basket.
5.. Complete consignment tag - "CONSIGNMENT" needs to be on tag, otherwise items will be considered a donation.
6. Volunteers will be available to assist
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT
Baby clothing (we can pass along to our partners in the community if you bring them into the Shop)
Obsolete electronic equipment
Computer monitors or printers
Used linens, bedding, towels, facecloths or pillows*
*Texas Department of Health Services prohibits consignments and resale of these products
18028 Nassau Bay Drive
Nassau Bay, TX 77058
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday - 11 am to 3 pm
Thursday - 1pm to 5 pm
Tuesday & Friday - 11 am to 1 pm
SHOP HOLIDAYS We hope that everyone will enjoy these days with their family & friends.
Thanksgiving Week - November 21 to November 29, 2021
Christmas & New Years Week - December 19, 2021 to January 3, 2022